Netgame HQ 604
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Netgame HQ 604

Best LAN Center to play your favourite games

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter

Go down 

Vote This Guide
Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter Empty100%Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter Empty
 100% [ 2 ]
Dislike
Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter Empty0%Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Ahadiel

Ahadiel

Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter Empty
PostSubject: Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter   Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 pm

In this guide I will go through the in and outs of my Caitlyn build. Caitlyn is a very powerful ranged AD champion, having the longest auto attack range out of all the AD ranged champions. Her escape capabilities are amazing and her ability to shut down champions is bar none. When I play Caitlyn I am usually running in a duo lane with a support. Taric is my personal favorite for a lane partner but other champions such as Alistar, Soraka, Sona and Lux are great too.

The biggest thing that I can't stress enough is your CS (Creep Score) during the laning phase of the game. Getting a first blood isn't a bad idea either, but if you can't it's obviously ok. Just don't give up first blood Laughing If you are able to hit 100CS or more by 15mins you are on the right track.

Trap Placement. During the lane phase you have multiple options on how you can run your traps. It ultimately comes down to how well your support supports in regards to warding. I usually run 1 trap in tri-grass closer to the right side of it and 2 traps in my lane. My second trap I will place in the tip of blue sides grass closest to the tower and vice versa if you are on blue side putting your trap on purple side. My 3rd trap is all situational I will try to use it to force the enemy places into a different position in their lane which does give you a slight advantage when wanting to harass with your Piltover (Q)

Use your mini map use your mini map use your mini map! That is one thing I can't stress enough during the lane phase. Sometimes you can't always rely on your team to call MIA's and if they have a jungler like nocturne it will make it much easier for you to escape if he tries to gank and you know he is coming.

If you click here you can take a look at my mastery page set up for Caitlyn
My Mastery Tree

If you click here you can take a look at my rune page set up for Caitlyn
My Rune Page

Summoner Spells

Flash - I use flash on Caitlyn because essentially it is a must have. Great escape use, and great gap closing use. Because Caitlyn is a really 'soft' champion, being able to not be hit is key when it comes to playing this champion, that is why flash makes a great summoner spell for her.

Exhaust - I use exhaust on Caitlyn because it is a great spell to help suppress an enemy when in combat, or to even just slow them in their escape. Exhaust allows you to go toe to toe with many champions in the League and is a must have.

The best example I can think of for using flash exhaust is when you end up face to face with a Tryndamere. Tryndamere is the hardest hitting champion in the game when itemed up and that is a problem for someone who is playing Caitlyn because Tryndamere can easily 3 to 4 shot you. But flash exhaust changes everything. Try to Piltover Tryndamere as he is coming in at you and then drop a trap on the ground. Most likely he is going to whirlwind in to you to close the gap. So now, you flash over him and your trap forcing him to turn around. Keep auto attacking inbetween all of this!!!! When Tryndamere gets close to you again drop the exhaust on him and keep attacking. Because he is slowed you will be able to maneuver past him. By this time your trap should be off cooldown aswell, so drop another. When exhaust has finished you want to use your 30 caliber net and hit Tryndamere to slow him. Keep running around your traps, the closer to them the better. Using these movements and spell plays you can effectively kite a tryndamere and escape with your life and most likely kill him in the process.

Now for my item build.

- Movement Speed Boots 1
- 3 Health Potions
- B.F. Sword
- Pick Axe
- Berserker Greaves
- Infinity Edge
- Zeal
- Phantom Dancer

Essentially those are going to be your 3 core items. Boots / IE / Phantom

Now I go down one of two roads when I am playing Caitlyn and it all depends on how the game is going.

I will either go Bloodthirster / Black Cleaver
or
Warmogs / Atma's

Now I know some of you are thinking WTF ATMOGS? this guys is insane. I have tried that build many times before and it has proven to be very effective. I have found that once you have a Warmogs you instantly no longer become a focus target in fights. Too much HP and too much escape. I have had games where I am playing Caitlyn and I am finishing a game with Berserker Greaves, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Warmogs, Atmas Impaler, and a Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver. You run around with 3k hp and a freight train worth of damage, people don't like to dance with you. I run very similar builds on all my AD champs like Graves, Vayne and Ashe.

Thanks for reading my guide!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/154453487949366/

Caitlyn the Resistance Fighter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Netgame HQ 604 :: Featuring Games :: League Of Legends :: Champion Builds / Guides-
Jump to: